CALL SENATE Ds RIGHT NOW to OPPOSE SSB 5038 (Open Carry Ban)
Bill is on Senate Floor—it could pass at any time
LET’S MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD!
It is CRITICAL that we push back HARD on this bill TODAY.
With no pushback, legislators think we won’t fight—and they’ll push the even bigger anti-gun bills!
STOP RIGHT NOW & call your Senators, telling them to VOTE NO on SSB 5038 banning open carry.
The anti-gun groups have declared this as their signature bill this year. LET’S SHUT THIS DOWN. Let’s inundate the Senate, EVEN IF YOU DON’T OPEN CARRY.
STEP 1: Visit this link to find your Senator: http://bit.ly/DistrictFinder15
Enter your address, click Verify District, click on your legislators with SEN in front of their name (Senate), copy their phone number
STEP 2: DIAL THAT NUMBER! You’ll be connected with a legislative aide.
You don’t have to be eloquent—you JUST HAVE TO SHOW UP.
“My name is George Washington, and I am in in Senator D’s district. I live at ADDRESS (Important as they cannot ignore if you live in their district).
Please urge Senator D to vote NO on Substitute Senate Bill 5038 banning open carry.”
If you add more, be brief, succinct, and most of all, POLITE.
Let’s push back HARD and LOUD!
A couple of comments:
This bill is going to be amended with a striker amendment (see links below). This will do the following:
- Prohibit open carry firearm or weapon at any permitted demonstration, on person or in a vehicle
- Prohibit open carry firearm or weapon within 250 ft of a permitted demonstration after a LEO directs you to leave
- Doesn’t apply if you are on private property you own (but not leased, and not if you’re not the actual lease-holder)
- Exempts federal, state, local LEO, and Federal/WA armed forces
- Permitted demonstration = permit issued by federal agency, state agency, or local government OR 15 people gathered for a single event, which has been declared as permitted by law enforcement of the local govt
- Public place = Any site accessible to the public for business, entertainment, or another lawful purpose (basically anywhere up to the door of any business), parking lot, street, sidewalk, park or other public grounds
- And includes all the areas of the west state capitol campus grounds, any buildings on the state capitol grounds, in any state legislative office, or any location of a public legislative hearing or meeting during the hearing or meeting
- Federal/state/local LEO exempted, as are US/WA armed forces
- Penalties are gross misdemeanor
Join the Conversation
Your voice absolutely matters. This year we’re more organized and active than ever. How do we know? The anti-gun lobby is sending out impassioned pleas to their base, begging them to get more involved. They’re afraid of your voice. Let’s get louder. Let’s bring our friends in to make even more noise.
Join the conversation on Facebook at the 2021 Legislative Action Group!