URGENT: ALL HANDS-STAY SHARP, STAY READY
Remaining anti-gun bills could well be brought to the floor TODAY
If they do, we’ll be all hands on deck to go nuclear!
Today is the last day to pass bills out of the house of origin in preparation to cross over to the other branch.
These bills are still pending:
- SHB 1283, House open carry ban, 3+ people near a protest = felony
- SSB 5078, Senate Magazine Ban
- SSB 5263, Senate Personal injury defense makes it easier for
- criminals to sue for damages despite lawful self-defense
- SB 5217, Assault weapons ban (AWB)
- Please note: while the AWB didn’t clear the committee hurdle, the Ds could vote to suspend the rules and bring up the AWB at any time.
The moment we discover new intel we’ll post URGENT actions in the Washington 2021 Legislative Action Group.
Check in frequently, look for announcements, turn on notifications, like this post so you’ll be more likely to see updates in your feed.We try to share to other groups but it can take a day or two before admins approve!
You can subscribe to updates on each bill. Enter in the bill number and click get Email Notifications below the sponsors (mobile) or on the right side (desktop)
You can see what is on the calendars and what they’re voting on:
- Senate floor calendar and activity: https://app.leg.wa.gov/far/Senate/Calendar
- House floor calendar and activity: https://app.leg.wa.gov/far/House/Calendar
Visit the Washington 2021 Legislative Action Group: http://bit.ly/WaLAGFacebookGroup16
Visit https://wacivilrights.org/easy-action-of-the-day/ for copyable text
BE READY TO PUSH BACK HARD AND LOUD!
Join the Conversation
Your voice absolutely matters. This year we’re more organized and active than ever. How do we know? The anti-gun lobby is sending out impassioned pleas to their base, begging them to get more involved. They’re afraid of your voice. Let’s get louder. Let’s bring our friends in to make even more noise.
Join the conversation on Facebook at the 2021 Legislative Action Group!